st: re: overid error

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: overid error
Date   Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:56:33 -0500

A recent exchange on Statalist referred to peculiar behavior of -overid- (Baum et al., SSC) after official -reg3- with the 2sls option. Mark Schaffer and I have researched this and believe it is due to a bug in -reg3- when that option is invoked. We have reported same to Stata tech support.

We believe that -reg3- with its default option, 3sls, is working perfectly, and -overid- after -reg3, 3sls- is reliable.

Kit and Mark

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |