Re: st: RE: create predicted values manually using matrices

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: create predicted values manually using matrices
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:45:24 -0300

Dear all,

Sorry, but as I'm understanding the problem here is to use time series
operators and matrix... To use the time series operators you must
-tsset- your data first.

clear all
input depvar indepvar1 indepvar2
2 15 3
3 23 5
4 19 8
2 32 6
5 27 4
end

gen time=_n
tsset time, yearly

reg depvar indepvar1 indepvar2
gen cons=1
foreach var of varlist indepvar1 indepvar2 cons{
	gen f`var'=F.`var'
}
mkmat findepvar1 findepvar2 fcons, matrix(var_ind)
matrix B1=e(b)
matrix y_hat1 = var_ind*B1'
svmat y_hat1, names(depvar_hat)

HTH,

Joao Lima

2009/11/23 Martin Weiss <[email protected]>:

> <>
>
> It should be a task for -mata-, I guess:
>

> *******
> mata: mata clear
>
> sysuse auto, clear
> reg pr we f tr
> capt which tomata
> if _rc ssc inst tomata
> tomata price weight foreign trunk
>
> mata
>        b=st_matrix("e(b)")'
>        X=(weight, foreign, trunk, J(st_nobs(),1,1))
>        y=price
>        pred=X*b
>        res=y-pred
>        st_addvar("double", "pred")