st: re: TeX template for PDF help files

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: TeX template for PDF help files
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:12:41 +0000

I would agree with Kit's idea re the SMCL file -examplehelpfile.sthlp-, which of course is distributed with official Stata in the BASE folder, which can be identified by typing

adopath

in Stata. It would be nice for all users to be able to access it, and make copies, without having to get into the official Stata folders.

Re providing TeX templates, as I understand it, the StataCorp policy on this (as of 26 June 2009) was given on StataList by Alan Riley, and can be found at
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-06/msg00963.html
where we were told that such templates would be made available at some time during the life of Stata 11.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics