st: re: overid error

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: overid error
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:10:17 -0500

Martin said

" We have determined that this is caused by a bug in -ivtobit- return
values, which we have worked around and reported to StataCorp."

So the update to -overid- is somewhat ephemeral itself then? Once the
official -ivtobit- has been fixed, -overid- can revert to its state of last

No. For one thing the reg3 handling code has been updated. For the ivtobit issue, the problem -- as Martin reported -- was that ivtobit is returning two or more variable names in e(depvar). We have pulled off word 1 of depvar, which will work even when e(depvar) is corrected to be a single word.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |