R: st: combine indicator values

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: combine indicator values
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:18:15 +0100

Nick wrote:

<..If I combine the dummy vars (child 1, child2, child3) I would like the
new var child_123   to look like:

id     child_123
1        1
2        1
3        1
4        3
5        2
6        1
7        3
8        2
9        1
10       3
..>

Nick is seemingly drifting away from his original query.
If Nick plugs in the model the child_123 var as he reported, he seems to
leave the logistic regression framework in favour of the Poisson one (that
is, he replaces binary response with count data).
Hence, if this is the case, I take the liberty to recommend Nick to spend
some time (re)thinking over the aim of his research and come back to the
Statalist.

Kind Regards,
Carlo