RE: st: re: TeX template for PDF help files

From   "Airey, David C" <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   RE: st: re: TeX template for PDF help files
Date   Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:35:06 -0600

Nick wrote:

> 1. The help for -examplehelpfile-, which is necessarily available as an
> .sthlp file, is available as a template. It is also written up in [U].
> 2. Once you start writing ados, you learn to copy your own help files.
> 3. The not very long help for SMCL is the complete documentation.
> 4. I doubt that more than a few people have ever learned all SMCL.

Those are 4 very good points. I write manuscript drafts in LaTeX using journal template files whenever possible. Effective use of style templates are similarly helpful in Word/ODF. Writing help files using the a SMCL template surely must be a similar pain reduction mechanism.