st: Re: display formatted table of sorted factor loadings

From   Dirk Enzmann <>
Subject   st: Re: display formatted table of sorted factor loadings
Date   Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:04:58 +0100

The problem is solved - the ado runs with Stata version 9.0 and with respect to display the output nicely formatted -matlist- is your friend.

The .ado is now on SSC, see: -ssc desc sortl- .

Dirk Enzmann wrote:
I wrote a small .ado to sort rotated factor loadings by size and save the result into a matrix e(r_Ls). It also creates a matrix e(Psis) where the items are sorted in the same way as in e(r_Ls) (I'm not sure whether it needs version 10, 11, or even 9):

> ---------(snip)----------------------

The .ado works fine. However, I don't know how to use the matrix e(r_Ls) together with the matrix e(Psis) to display a table of the sorted loadings in the same nicely formatted way as the "Rotated factor loadings ..." are displayed by -rotate-.

Is there a short and/or easy way of displaying such a table, perhaps by using routines of other .ados? (To demonstrate how this could be done one could use e(r_L) and e(Psi) that are created by -factor- followed by -rotate-).

Dr. Dirk Enzmann
Institute of Criminal Sciences
Dept. of Criminology
Schlueterstr. 28