RE: st: What is the proper way of modifying user-created ado-files. . .

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: What is the proper way of modifying user-created ado-files. . .
Date   Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:24:20 -0000

I note Roy's impressions.

Those unfamiliar with the Stata Journal will want to make up their own minds. Six years' worth of the Stata Journal from 2001 through most of 2006 are open to all through the Stata Journal website and the software published through the Stata Journal is available to all Stata users, regardless of whether they or their institution subscribes to the Journal.

Similarly, the entire ten years' run of the Stata Technical Bulletin is accessible to all.

Visit www.stata-journal.com and form your own views.

Nick
Editor, Stata Journal
[email protected]

Roy Wada

> Roy brings up an interesting point.  How are contributions to SSC or
> user-written programs in general evaluated in academe?  In my
> experience, these would need to be refereed by one's peers to count
> academically.

One way is to put it through Stata Journal. I assume this was one of
the main motivation for establishing it. I don't think it carries much
weigh.