Re: st: bootstrap replications Oaxaca nldecompose

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap replications Oaxaca nldecompose
Date   Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:15:53 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 18/11/09, wrote:
> I am running a non linear Oaxaca decomposition using the
> command "nldecompose" in Stata 10. I would like to
> compute standard errors and I am using the bootstrap
> option for that purpose, but I am getting a different
> number of replications (and slightly different standard
> errors) every time I run the model. I always specify 100
> reps.

This suggests that the underlying non-linear model did not
converge in all of your bootstrap samples. This can, for
example, happen in case of a -logit- when your explanatory
variables perfectly predict an outcome in some bootstrap

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen