st: AW: Getting ados into Stata

Subject   st: AW: Getting ados into Stata
Date   Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:36:58 +0100

<>

Also, Mahdi should not touch "C:\Program Files\Stata SE 10.1\ado\base" in
any way, shape or form. The consequences will be unpleasant and
unpredictable. BTW, this is probably not the real path as the middle portion
should probably read "Stata10" instead of "Stata SE 10.1". Mahdi may type
-di "`c(sysdir_base)'"- to find out...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Martin Weiss
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. November 2009 21:27
An: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Getting ados into Stata

<>

I am forwarding this on behalf of Mahdi. I am not completely certain I
understand what he is trying to do, but he may want to paste the ado-files
into his personal directory which would usually be something like
"c:\ado\personal/". If he wants to find the path on his machine, he should
type

- di "`c(sysdir_personal)'" -

He can check the success by typing -which pvar- and so on. Under no
circumstances should he change the -sysdir-s just to make Stata aware of his
ado files.

HTH
Martin