Re: st: RE: Biomarker with lower detection limits

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Biomarker with lower detection limits
Date   Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:24:49 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 17/11/09, Lachenbruch, Peter wrote:
> My inclination is NOT to use imputation - you already know
> these are below the detection limit, so why impute something
> larger than that?

Alternatively, you could use multiple imputation, as long as
your imputation model respects this information you have
about your variable. This is the kind of problem Patrick
Royston seems to had in mind when writing this update to his
-ice- command:

Patrick Royston (2007) Multiple imputation of missing values:
further update of ice, with an emphasis on interval censoring.
The Stata Journal, 7(4):445-464.
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0067_3

Hope this helps,
Maarten