Re: st: two-way table: how to supress total?

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: two-way table: how to supress total?
Date   Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:40:15 +0000

Yun Liu wrote:

> When generating two-way tables, I couldn't find a way to supress the
> total reported at the end of each row.
> I usualy use the "tabout" command to generate tables.  In the example
> below, I do not want the last column reporting 17, 31 and 48. As you
> can see, I tried the "ptotal" option but it did not work. Would you
> please help me? The version of Stata I have is STATA MP 11 for windows
> (32bits). Thank you very much!

Last time I looked, -tabout- was a user-written command by Iain Watson
available from SSC. It wasn't beyond your wit to state this in your
post, in line with the FAQ.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.