st: AW: RE: data to Access by odbc

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: RE: data to Access by odbc
Date   Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:21:18 +0100

Yeah, it looks like the odbc command does not like single quotes in string variables...
If I recode single quotes in dashes it works.

But does anybody knows more about the limitations of the -odbc- command? I easily get the comment from the driver that the dataset is too large... I guess it's the driver's problem and not Stata's, or?

Marc

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Isabelle Deltour
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. November 2009 13:26
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: RE: data to Access by odbc

Just a suggestion: (and I only have a very basic knowledge of german language).

Is there not something special in the data where Stata / Access chokes?
To me it looks like the line
''Stipendium im Rahmen des Exzellenzclusters 'Topoi'''
cannot be included in the Access table.
If this looks plausible to you, I would have a look at the quotes first, if they are recognized properly, either by Access, Stata or the connection between the 2. If this is not the case, it could also be something to do with the line before or after ?

Hope this helps
Isabelle