st: RE: Summary Stat Table

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Summary Stat Table
Date   Wed, 11 Nov 2009 00:08:13 +0100

The formatting of the email does not allow me to see clearly what you want
to happen. But there is a point where it no longer makes sense for official
Stata or ssc contributions to support complicated structures that are only
needed every once in a while...

Look at -ssc d tabout-, though.

You will probably end up having to do some manual work after repeated calls
to -tabstat- or -table-.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Prabal De
Sent: Dienstag, 10. November 2009 23:48
Subject: st: Summary Stat Table

Dear Statalisters,
  I am wondering if there is a smart way to prepare a table in the
following format:

                    White                    Black
Hispanic                  Asian
           Male Female Total   Male Female Total  Male Female Total
Male Female Total

Table is not allowing more than one variables and I have tried tabstat
and tablemat, but none can produce it in a single table.

Any help will be appreciated.