Re: st: AW: Reclaiming RAM. . .

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Reclaiming RAM. . .
Date   Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:38:39 +0000

BTW - a simple example of how this would be useful is if I was using
The GIMP ( under Linux and then closed it down
when I'd finished, its still actually sitting in RAM, and if I start
it up again it will come back from RAM instead of having to be loaded
into memory again.

Apologies for the poor grammar in the previous message.

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -