Statalist


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)


From   Demo Crazy <democrazy55@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
Date   Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:13:25 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Nick,

thanks for your contributions against freedom of speech: my wonder, remember the "?", based on facts. It is also nice to see that big companies have always good defenders whatever they can do.


--- El vie, 6/11/09, Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> escribió:

> De: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
> Asunto: RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
> Para: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
> Fecha: viernes, 6 de noviembre, 2009 12:46
> I have absolutely no legal expertise.
> If I had then I would not be expressing legal views on your
> assertions in an email forum. That would be inappropriate,
> indeed unprofessional.
> 
> I would seriously advise to consider whether comments like
> yours are not libellous, leaving you open to legal action in
> one or more countries. 
> 
> Beyond that I consider that only StataCorp can comment
> authoritatively on the actions of StataCorp, but that's at
> their discretion. 
> 
> If you have an issue with StataCorp, take it up with them
> directly. Expect them to want to hear information and
> reasoned argument, not insinuation and abuse. 
> 
> Otherwise I will not contribute further comments in this
> thread. 
> 
> Nick 
> n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk
> 
> 
> Demo Crazy
> 
> You understand it perfectly, but you say only part of the
> truth (is not this called falacy?)
> 
> (1) honest users do not know what other malware is hiding
> Stata Corp.
> 
> (2) Why do you only focus on the user and not on Stata
> Corp.? they are not only dishonest but criminals. Please
> review regulations and tell me if Stata Corp can legally
> behaves like that.... How difficult it is to add a notice
> about what a dishonest user can expect!
> 
> 
> --- El vie, 6/11/09, Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
> escribió:
> 
> > De: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
> > Asunto: RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version
> 11?)
> > Para: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
> > Fecha: viernes, 6 de noviembre, 2009 12:21
> > I understand you to be saying that if
> > you knowingly use an invalid
> > license number then Stata doesn't behave. 
> > 
> > In essence, I regard that as very good news for the
> honest.
> > Many thanks
> > for sharing it with us! 
> > 
> > Nick 
> > n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk
> > 
> > 
> > Demo Crazy
> > 
> > It is *legal* to have a *legal* copy AND a *legal*
> serial,
> > isn't it?
> > Because that is what I have ... 
> > (I thought it is perfectly clear for any average IQ
> person
> > from my
> > message that it was what I meant when I said I bought
> a
> > copy of Stata,
> > since any *legal* copy of Stata from Stata Corp.
> includes a
> > *legal*
> > serial, isn't it?
> > 
> > My point is that Stata includes undocumented malware.
> Stata
> > guys say
> > that bad behaviour comes from other guys modifying
> their
> > the program.
> > But this is NOT true because my *original* copy from
> them
> > behaves in
> > that undocumented way when an invalid license is
> provided,
> > without 
> > 
> > I guess that killing a killer is, in principle, not
> legal.
> > Maybe your
> > laws allow it but with some clear procedures.... In
> this
> > case, cracking
> > a cracker is ILEGAL (=malware) unless you clearly make
> this
> > well-known.
> > 
> > *
> > *   For searches and help try:
> > *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> > *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> > *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
> > 
> > *
> > *   For searches and help try:
> > *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> > *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> > *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
> > 
> 
> 
>       
> 
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
> 
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
> *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
> 


      

*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index