RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
Date   Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:21:36 -0000

I understand you to be saying that if you knowingly use an invalid
license number then Stata doesn't behave.

In essence, I regard that as very good news for the honest. Many thanks
for sharing it with us!

Demo Crazy

It is *legal* to have a *legal* copy AND a *legal* serial, isn't it?
Because that is what I have ...
(I thought it is perfectly clear for any average IQ person from my
message that it was what I meant when I said I bought a copy of Stata,
since any *legal* copy of Stata from Stata Corp. includes a *legal*
serial, isn't it?

My point is that Stata includes undocumented malware. Stata guys say
that bad behaviour comes from other guys modifying their the program.
But this is NOT true because my *original* copy from them behaves in
that undocumented way when an invalid license is provided, without

I guess that killing a killer is, in principle, not legal. Maybe your
laws allow it but with some clear procedures.... In this case, cracking
a cracker is ILEGAL (=malware) unless you clearly make this well-known.