st: RE: RE: Hilo command and outliers

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Hilo command and outliers
Date   Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:09:18 -0000

If you like -hilo-, check out -extremes- from SSC. As I recall,
-extremes- was at first written independently of -hilo- but when I
became aware of -hilo- I borrowed some ideas. -extremes- adds more
functionality, including support for -by:-.

In turn, -hilo- builds on earlier programs by Phil Ender and -extremes-
builds in other ideas suggested by Sylvain Friederich.

Of course, there is no real substitute for looking at graphs....

Martin Weiss

-findit hilo- does give me the reference:

hilo from
    hilo.  Program to display highest and lowest values. / Michael N.
    / Statistical Computing and Consulting / UCLA Academic Technology
    / / STATA ado and hlp files in the package /
    distribution-date: 20010607

I installed the command from this reference a couple of minutes ago, and
worked perfectly...

Solorzano Mosquera, Jenniffer

First, somebody know where can I download the hilo command? I tried
hilo" but I didn't have good luck.