st: AW: RE: RE: Suppress col total in tab2, tabout?

From   "Kaulisch, Marc" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: RE: RE: Suppress col total in tab2, tabout?
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:28:37 +0100

My hope was that Stata is far more advanced in its usability for reporting descriptive statistics. Formatting tables in any word processor (I do not know Tex) is very time consuming if it could not be well prepared from the statistics software. Even more if you have to deal with hundreds of tables as in our case.

The -estout-/-estpost- solution suggested by Martin is also no option as frequencies and col percentages are presented vertically - as far as my test of it went. But as I understood Phil this is the standard behaviour of -tabdisp-. My suggestion of a "nototal"-option was derived from the behaviour of -tab2way- to not display totals unless you specify it...

More astonishing is to have a look at the capabilities of SPSS in this regard. It got the table I wanted within a minute and an even more complicated version in two (see below).

For the Stata wishlist:

Table
Rowvar	colvar1	colvar2
		1	2	1	2	3