Re: st: DHS Ghana merging question

From   Evans Jadotte <>
Subject   Re: st: DHS Ghana merging question
Date   Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:14:33 +0100

Somebody else worked on that issue and probably solved it. Maybe he can help.

Amadou DIALLO wrote:

Normally, there is a doc file contained in the zipped child anthro
file that describes how to merge (if I recall, it is said to merge
with the child KR dataset). I am not sure you use the correct
variables for merging. I thinks also you should rename anthro
variables in the women IR and children KR files before attempting to
merge. Please notice that the women (what DHS team calls "individual")
files contain information about "partner/husband" educational level.

Since I am working extensively with DHS datasets, please contact me
off network so that I can try to help you.

Best regards.