st: Survey data settings

From   "Jackson, Theron Keith (UMSL-Student)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Survey data settings
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:35:06 -0600

I am using the ADAM dataset which surveys those who have been arrested.  The survey consists of 37 different cities.  The survey sampling technique varies depending on the size of the jail. Where there were only one jail in the city a single jail design was used that randomly selected people arrested.  For counties with a few booking agencies a stratified jail design was used.  For counties with several jails a stratified cluster sample design was used, and for counties that had several jails that feed into one jail a feeder jail design was used where arrestees were sampled only from the central jail but represented arrestees from each of the feeder jails.  All designs are a random sample.  Is there a way in stata that I can use the survey data settings for my study?

Thanks,

Theron