st: RE: Re: SUREG by year

From   "Martinez San Roman, Valeriano" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Re: SUREG by year
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:42:56 +0100

Thank you very much for your answer Kit,

What about dummy invariant variables? If I run panel fixed effects they will disappear. Will it occur using SUREG? Dummy invariant variables are important in my model and I have some.

Thanks again,

Valeriano.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de Kit Baum
Enviado el: sábado, 31 de octubre de 2009 15:37
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: st: Re: SUREG by year

<>
Apart from one constraint, you are describing a model fit with
individual fixed effects (xtreg, fe). That constraint is that if you
used SUR, you would estimate a separate sigma^2 for each equation,
whereas FE will estimate a single sigma^2. But if you use robust SEs
that should not matter. There really is no advantage to setting it up
as a SUR and then constraining away all variation in slopes, as that
variation is the rationale for using SUR in the first place.

Kit

On Oct 31, 2009, at 2:33 AM, Valeriano wrote:

> I want to run a SUR regression for a system of equations. I have the
> same
> equation for different years and I want equal coefficients for all
> regressors except for the incercept that will be year-specific.
>
> I have a panel dataset, do I have to rename Y and X´s for each year
> differently in order to run SUR? What is the correct syntax for the
> model
> and the "constancy restriction"?

                               An Introduction to Stata Programming