st: RE: Re: Changing Prefix of Variable Name

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Changing Prefix of Variable Name
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:26:45 -0000

It seems likely that by

"observation" Elisabeth meant "value of string variable"

and by

"variable" Elisabeth meant "variable name".

Either way, note what difficulties experienced Stata users have when people don't use standard Stata terminology....

E. Paul Wileyto

Search Stata help:

search rensfix, all

It's a user-written command that is very useful for changing prefixes
and suffixes.