st: panel cointegration test for small T

From   "Flora Hofmann" <>
Subject   st: panel cointegration test for small T
Date   Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:07:46 +0100

Dear statalist,

The time dimension in my panel dataset ranges from 1970 to 2000. However, the data is averaged over five year periods, thus I have a very small T (T=6). Following the panel unit root tests available in stata (Hadri, Levin-Lin-Chu, Fisher typ test)some series contain a unit root. Thus I want to test for cointegration. However, I can not apply the Westerlund test since, the time dimension is to short. (I obtain the following error message:  "... at least 17 observations are required. Following series do not contain sufficient observations....").

I am only just starting to work with stata and panel data as well. Is there anybody who could give me some advice on this one?

sicherer, schneller und einfacher!