st: Controll for unobserved heterogenity in panel data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Controll for unobserved heterogenity in panel data
Date   Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:45:15 +0100

Dear Stata-list

I'm using a large unbalanced panel dataset to estimates effects of
different factors on the patents probabilty to be granted. That means my
dependent variable is a binary variable and there is, except from the
dependent variable, not much variation over time.

I use xtlogit models and xtgee models. Because several patents are
examined by the same examiner or applied by the same applicant we assume
that the data contain cluster effects.

The option cluster(.) is not allowed in xtlogit and xtgee models. Does
anyone could give me a hint how I could controll for cluster effects?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Frauke