st: dependent variables= mortality rates in GEE and sample size????

From   Alison McCarthy <[email protected]>
To   stata <[email protected]>
Subject   st: dependent variables= mortality rates in GEE and sample size????
Date   Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:29:11 +1030

Hi
I have panel data of 38 countries over the period 1980 to 2005. I have calculated age standardized mortality rates in each of these countries. Can I use these as the outcome variable of internet in my GEE model or is there an issue because they are rates?
Also is a sample size of 38 countries (obs 748) too small?
Thank you for your consideration of my problem in advance
Best wishes

Get Hotmail on your iPhone Find out how here
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=845706