Re: st: reshape and merge

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: reshape and merge
Date   Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:25:03 +0000

You need to sort out your first data set before you can reshape it...

2009/10/29 "Elisabeth Müller" <>:
> Hello,
> I have two datasets, which I would like to merge. However, the one is in long and the other in wide format.
> e.g.:
> id
> first set                   second set
> B0103                       B0103
> B0104A                      B0104
> B0104B
> B0105A                      B0105
> B0105B
> B0105C
> I tried the reshape command to change the first set from long to wide but it doesn't work. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Could you post the code that you've been trying to use as per the
Statalist FAQ (see link in bottom of all emails).

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -