st: AW: Save estimates in a data file

Subject   st: AW: Save estimates in a data file
Date   Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:08:30 +0100

<>

look at -collapse-, and provide an excerpt from your data set so we can show you how to do it...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Rafael Claro
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 02:37
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Save estimates in a data file

Dear Listers,

I’ve been trying to save the results of an analysis as a new data file.

The scenario is very simple. First I estimate some “means” with the command:

foreach x of local mm {
mean income if mm == `x’, over( track)
}

where:
mm = 1200
track = 10

Then, these estimated values (track number and mean value only) have to be saved in a new data file, specific to each “mm” value.

I’ve been trying to solve this with the command “estimates save” but I have not been able of doing it so.

My only option now is to generate the “means”, with egen, directly on the data file, drop all other information and then save the file with a different name…. however I’m pretty sure that there might be a simpler/easier way of doing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
RClaro