Re: st: AW: RE: levpet for service sector firms

From   Prabal De <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: RE: levpet for service sector firms
Date   Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:49:13 -0400

Thanks. To be precise, I wanted to know if researchers have used
intermediate inputs other than customary ones such as fuel and
material in estimating mfg sector input.

1. Data is from Indian firms from a database called PROWESS.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, this is available mostly in India.
2. Yes, I am taking the value-added route to the levpet procedure (too
many investment data is missing to implement Olley-Pakes)
3. Capital is owned by firm as reported by the firm in their balance
sheet. There is no financial firms.
4. I am thinking about how to include the leased capital for the
service sector. I have to dig up the documentation. Thanks very much
for this suggestion.

Am I right in being convinced that not much TFP estimation has been
done for the service sector?

 Regards,
   Prabal