RE: st: AW: RE: levpet for service sector firms

Subject   RE: st: AW: RE: levpet for service sector firms
Date   Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:58:40 -0000

Prabal,

I'm not sure I fit that last description, but in any case...

Services firms in retail and wholesale trade (which is a big chunk of the total) typically have very large intermediate input costs.  In essence, they are buying finished goods (=intermediate inputs) and reselling them conveniently packaged and located.

HTH,
Mark

> Thanks and regards,
>           Prabal
>
> On 10/27/09, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > <>
> >
> > Prabal may also want to let statalisters know what "TFP"
> stands for... Let
> > me guess: "Total Factor Productivity"?
> >
> > As far as I can tell, not even the -rather comprehensive- article
> > introducing -levpet-
> > http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0060
> mentions this
> > term....
> >

> > HTH
> > Martin

registered under charity number SC000278.