Re: st: censored random normal with a fixed mean and standard deviation

Subject   Re: st: censored random normal with a fixed mean and standard deviation
Date   Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:59:09 -0400

Scott Merryman <[email protected]> et al.:
Thanks to Kit Baum, you can now:

ssc inst cnormp
clear all
set obs 100000
cnormp 25 30, c(0)
g y=max(0,rnormal(r(m),r(s)))
su

The program currently does not do a lot of error checking (e.g. that
the censoring point is less than the desired mean), but will
eventually be updated to produce informative error messages in various
nonsensical cases.  If anyone has any ideas about how to improve on
the method, I'd be interested to hear them.  Probably there is an
easier solution that simply did not occur to me--I am currently
solving the system of nonlinear equations by brute force using Mata's
optimize().