Re: st: RE: The not so humble pie

From   David Bell <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: The not so humble pie
Date   Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:47:16 -0400

When we used to prepare data summaries to go to the Texas legislature, we used to refer to them (internally) as "Bubba graphs." For displaying data simple enough to be understood by a legislator, pie charts worked fine. Precision was not the goal. We did not ask anyone to compare across pie charts.

Dave
David C. Bell
Professor of Sociology
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
(317) 278-1336