Re: st: Cumulative probabilities

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: Cumulative probabilities
Date   Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:02:10 -0400

Evans Jadotte <> :
What's z in (z-xb-...) below? If you are calculating an estimate of e
in the numerator, and dividing by the estimate of the SD of e, then
you are calculating the Z score of the idiosyncratic error, and
Phi(Z).  What is this for?  Can you provide refs for what "some books
suggest" ?