Re: st: Is a "merge, if" possible?

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is a "merge, if" possible?
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:29:18 -0500

On Oct 20, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Polis, Chelsea B. wrote:
So, from within the dataset with three variables, I want to write something like:
merge study_id using "C:\Round 1.dta", if lastneground==1
merge study_id using "C:\Round 2.dta", if lastneground==2
and so on through round 10.

But, merge doesn't seem to be able to be combined with an if statement. Are there any elegant ways of doing this, or must I do it piecemeal (creating what I need in 10 separate datasets and appending)?