Re: st: allocation of cache memory in Stata

Subject   Re: st: allocation of cache memory in Stata
Date   Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:49:51 -0400

Dear Giovanni,

1) if you mean Virtual Memory (Swapping)  - it is a OS Windows
setting. You can adjust it in the Control
Panel->System->Advanced->Performance->Advanced->Virtual Memory
2) if you mean temporary files that Stata allocates - this is guided
by the environment variable STATATMP: Control
Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables
You may want to adjust one or both parameters.
You may also want to consider switching the drives, or discontinue use
of the older drive if you are receiving read/write failures.

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin