RE: st: RE: mim: reg command

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: mim: reg command
Date   Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:09:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 16/10/09, McDonald, Catherine wrote:
> This is a follow-up to an older post from April 27, 2007
> that I found very helpful (http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00900.html)
> in regards to calculation of R-square when using mim
> regress. Can this translate to using the new mi
> estimate commands in Stata 11? If so, how?

I wrote that post, but I don't have Stata 11 yet, so I can't help
you with the specifics of the syntax. However, in that post I
translated an argument by Donald Rubin and his argument was
general, so it should also apply to -mi-. As I said, I can't give
you specific help on how to do it in Stata 11, but it shouldn't be
hard: Worst case scenario is that you will have to collect the
individual R2s yourself, compute the log of each of them, compute
the mean of these log R2s, and exponentiate that again.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie