Re: st: re: Stata license rules

From   Alan Neustadtl <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: Stata license rules
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:37:28 -0400

Kit makes some great points and I think has some solutions that could
work.  First, for $180 the department is willing to provide Stata SE
for the students, many of whom work with large datasets, for the
convenience of accessing a larger number of variables than available
in IC.  I am in the same situation as the students where I appreciate
the convenience of the larger Stata, but unlike the students I may
have to settle for less.  I started the discussion in the Department
last summer as Stata 11 was released but this is still being played
out in different committee meetings over the next months.

Best,
Alan