Re: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:13:59 -0400

Nick Cox <> :
So maybe you pick a yellow-purple gradation instead--the color palette
choice I was assuming was a user choice...

sysuse nlsw88, clear
g g=max(grade,8)
la var g "Years of education"
ren married m
collapse wage, by(g m)
g w=round(wage,.01)
su wage, meanonly
g c=round((wage-r(min))/(r(max)-r(min))*255)
qui levelsof c, loc(cs)
loc g
foreach c of loc cs {
 loc c1=120+round(`c'/2)
 loc c2=255-round(`c'/2)
 loc m mc("`c2' `c2' `c1'")
 loc g `g'||sc m g if c==`c', ms(S) msize(ehuge) `m'
loc g `g'||sc m g, ms(i) mlab(w) mlabp(0)
loc g `g' leg(off) yla(-.75 " " 0 "N" 1 "Y" 1.75 " ", notick)
loc g `g' xla(7 " " 8/18 19 " ", notick)
tw `g'  scheme(s1mono) ti(Wage heat map) xsize(8) ysize(5)