Re: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:48:02 -0400

You can probably also get what you want just with -scatter- putting
squares of some color at the right (x,y) spot and then putting numbers
on top of those; see e.g.
for some ideas to get started, or try out:

sysuse nlsw88, clear
g g=max(grade,8)
la var g "Years of education"
ren married m
collapse wage, by(g m)
g w=round(wage,.01)
su wage, meanonly
g c=round((wage-r(min))/(r(max)-r(min))*255)
qui levelsof c, loc(cs)
loc g
foreach c of loc cs {
 loc g `g'||sc m g if c==`c', ms(S) msize(ehuge) mc("`c' 100 100")
loc g `g'||sc m g, ms(i) mlab(w) mlabp(0)
loc g `g' leg(off) yla(-.75 " " 0 "N" 1 "Y" 1.75 " ", notick)
loc g `g' xla(7 " " 8/18 19 " ", notick)
tw `g' scheme(s1mono) ti(Wage heat map) xsize(8) ysize(5)