Statalist

st: AW: reshaping mixed monthly & annual data

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: reshaping mixed monthly & annual data
Date   Wed, 14 Oct 2009 13:28:43 +0200

<>

Can you give an example (excerpt) of the data?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Jon Schwabish
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2009 22:43
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: reshaping mixed monthly & annual data

Statalist,

I have a data set that has mixed monthly and annual data that I am trying to
reshape from a wide format to a long format. In particular the data set
contains annual earnings and monthly Social Security benefit information. I
can create a monthly variable for each annual earnings variable (eg,
earn11990=ern1990, ern21990=ern1990, etc) and then reshape the data, but I'm
wondering if there is an easier, more direct way to do this reshape.

Thanks,
Jon Schwabish