From   Evans Jadotte <evans.jadotte@uab.es>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: Hello listers
Date   Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:01:01 +0200

Martin Weiss wrote:
<>
Not sure what "...cumulative standard normal distribution of a variable"
means, but maybe this will help:

*************
tw (function normal(x), range(-5 5))
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Evans Jadotte
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2009 15:20
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: Hello listers

Hi statalisters,

I have a very simple and maybe stupid question, hope someone can help. I am trying to get the correct syntax for /_normal_ /to get the cumulative standard normal distribution of a variable. Any help?

EJ

Thanks Martin,

Sorry for not being clear on this list. What I am trying to calculate is , cumulative density of the standard normal or the standard normal density, respectively. I was trying with

cumul x, gen(y)       // x = ((z-m)/sqrt(s))

but what I am getting is not consistent. By the way, does /cumul/ do the same job as normal(.) or normalden(.) in Stata?

Thanks in advance,

EJ