RE: st: clustering with xtabond2

Subject   RE: st: clustering with xtabond2
Date   Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:21:07 +0100

Francesco,

How many clusters to you have?  The asymptotics for the Hansen J-stat
with clustering, liked cluster-robust SEs and other test statistics,
requires the number of clusters to go off to infinity.

If you have very few clusters, you could well get very poor finite
sample performance for your J stat and indeed for all your other
cluster-robust statistics, including your SEs.

HTH,
Mark

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer FRSE
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK
44-131-451-3494 direct
44-131-451-3296 fax
http://ideas.repec.org/e/psc51.html

registered under charity number SC000278.