st: AW: Saving results

Subject   st: AW: Saving results
Date   Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:02:26 +0200

<>

*************
/*
construct dataset
*/
clear*
inp byte(state)
6
8
10
end

//fixed effect per state from std normal
gen alpha=rnormal()
//# of years: 11, starting 1990
expand 11
bys state: gen year=_n+1989
//number of persons per state and year:50
expand 50
bys state year: gen individual=_n
//income DGP
gen income=10+rchi2(3)+alpha

compress
list, sepby(state) noo

/*
get and store results
*/
tempname hdle
capt erase info.dta

postfile `hdle' state year gini using info

qui foreach s in 6 8 10 {
  forval i = 1990/2000 {
    fastgini income if state == `s' & year == `i'
    post `hdle' (`s') (`i') (r(gini))
  }
}

postclose `hdle'