st: AW: simultaneous probit model

Subject   st: AW: simultaneous probit model
Date   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:51:37 +0200

<>

Have you had a look at -ssc d cmp-?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Marie-Benoit
MAGRINI
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2009 14:49
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: simultaneous probit model

Hello,

I am looking for a program allowing me to implement the « model 6 » in
the book of Maddala (1983, ?Limited dependent and qualitative
variables in econometrics?, chapter 8 about the two-stage estimation
methods, page 246).

That is, I am trying to estimate the following simultaneous probit
model :

(1) Y1 = a*Y2 + b*X1 + e1

(2) Y2 = b*Y1 + c*X2 + e2

where Y1 and Y2 are two endogeneous binary variables; X1 and X2 are
two sets of exogenous variables of Y1 and Y2 respectively; e1 and e2
the error terms.

Y1 and Y2 are endogenously determined by each other.

  I have looked at the ?cdsimeq? program but I understand that it
corresponds to the model where one dependent variable is continuous
and the other binary. So it cannot be used in my case.

I have also looked at the ?biprobit? procedure but I understand that
it is adapted only for recursive model that is only one dependent
variable is an explicative of the other one (the model 6 I?ve been
trying to estimate is not recursive).

Could someone tell me if this simultaneous probit model can be
estimated with STATA ?

best regards,

mb magrini

using Stata 10

Marie-Benoît MAGRINI
PhD in Economics
INRA - French National Institute for Agricultural Research
UMR1248 AGIR
BP 52627
31326 Castanet Tolosan
FRANCE