Re: st: Decomposing logistic regression

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Decomposing logistic regression
Date   Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:25:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 7/10/09, Rajaram Subramanian Potty wrote:
> Is there any decomposition programme to decompose the
> results from a logistic model in STATA. In oterwords, is
> there a programme to estimate the within and between
> variation of the variables used in the logistic model
> after the model fit.

The word decomposition can mean many things. Can you tell us
a bit more about what you mean with decompose.

My -ldecomp- and M. Sinning, M. Hahn, and T. K. Bauer's
-nldecompose- are some of the possibilities.

You can install -nldecompose- by typing in Stata
-findit nldecompose-, and you can read more about it in:
 M. Sinning, M. Hahn, and T. K. Bauer (2008) The
Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for nonlinear regression models
The Stata Journal, 8(4):480-492.
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0152 .

You can install -ldecomp- by typing in Stata
-ssc install ldecomp-, and you can read more about it in:
Maarten L. Buis (2009) Direct and indirect effects in a logit
model http://www.maartenbuis.nl/wp/ldecomp.html .

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen