Re: st: Using results of MI from -ice- with -micombine- for an -xtlogit- model

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Using results of MI from -ice- with -micombine- for an -xtlogit- model
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 5/10/09, Thomas Klausch wrote:
> I am imputing missing data using MI as provided by -ice-.
> As I understand -micombine- helps receiving combined
> estimates for various regression models. I actually
> intended to model a dichotomous variable from a panel
> with random effects logistic/probit regression. However
> -xtlogit- seems not to be provided as supported regression
> command in -micombine-. My question is whether I can use
> the results of MI somehow with this model or if it is just
> not implemented yet.

Support for -xtlogit- is implemented in the -mim- prefix by
John C. Galati, Patrick Royston, and John B. Carlin. It can
be downloaded by typing in Stata -ssc install mim-. This
package is also described in the following articles:

John B. Carlin, John C. Galati, Patrick Royston (2008) A new
framework for managing and analyzing multiply imputed data
in Stata. The Stata Journal 8(1):49-67.

Patrick Royston, John B. Carlin, Ian R. White (2009) Multiple
imputation of missing values: New features for mim. The Stata
Journal 9(2): 252-264.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie