RE: st: Proportion Meta-Analysis

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Proportion Meta-Analysis
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:52:20 +0000

hi paul,

nicola orsini (from karolinska institute) provided me with this back in 2005 (i used (and still do) stata 8.2, but should not make a difference if you are using stata 10). once you get the hang of it, you can adapt it to problem at hand:

 // suppose you have 4 studies
 clear
 input study cases total
 end
 gen p = .
 gen se = .
 // get proportions and std errors
 forv i =1(1)4 {
 cii total[`i'] cases[`i']
 qui replace p = r(mean) in `i'
 qui replace se = r(se) in `i'
 }
 // get the inverse variance-weighted proportion
 // use the official Stata -vwls- command
 gen cons =1
 vwls p cons, sd(se)
 // use the user written -metan- command
 // for fixed-effects meta-analysis