st: AW: -date- creates missing values

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: -date- creates missing values
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:04:09 +0200

Have you had a look at -help whatsnew9to10-, particularly "What's new in
data management"? And try both versions of this:

di date("102108", "mdy", 2010)
di date("102108", "MDY", 2010)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Michael
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Oktober 2009 19:25
An: Statalist Statalist
Betreff: st: -date- creates missing values

Hello friends,
I recently moved a do-file from Stata 9 to 10, and the following short
date program, instead of creating Stata dates, now creates missing
values. It's supposed to take dates in MM/DD/YY format imported from
an Excel .csv file, and translating them to Stata date format.

I'd appreciate any pointers/critiques on my method, or what I missed
in the 9 to 10 upgrade...

*prep date vars, from mm/dd/yy
    foreach D of varlist d_sample1  ///
                         d_sample2 ///