Re: st: psmatch2??

Subject   Re: st: psmatch2??
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:36:25 -0400

MAY BAYDOUN <[email protected]> :
-psmatch2- on SSC finds matches for treatment cases, not control cases
(except insofar as they are matched to treatment cases, or if you
specfy the -ate- option), which you can see directly by looking at the
variables it creates (all named with a leading underscore by default):

use http://pped.org/lalonde
psmatch2 t age educ marr re74 u74, out(re78) n(10)
su _* if t==1
su _* if t==0
su _* if t==0 & _w<.
psmatch2 t age educ marr re74 u74, out(re78) n(1)
su _* if t==1
su _* if t==0
su _* if t==0 & _w<.
psmatch2 t age educ marr re74 u74, out(re78) n(10) ate
su _* if t==1
su _* if t==0
su _* if t==0 & _w<.

and to use this command, the propensity scores should be bounded away
from zero and one (the example above seems to have a lot of propensity
scores too close to zero for comfort). If you want to run a logit
later, you can construct weights from the propensity score _pscore
which is defined for both treatment and control cases; see e.g.
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0136_1 or
http://pped.org/stata