Re: st: -collapse- with no observations?

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: -collapse- with no observations?
Date   Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:09:14 +0100

Thanks to Austin for the work-around code and to Nick for a different

No qualms with how things are, its just as I say I assumed a count of
zero to be valid (but then to assume makes an ass out of [yo]u and me,
although in this case there is no [yo]u and its just I who looks like
an ass!).

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -